I’ve been talking about opening my own Etsy store for years now. I’m not sure why it’s taken me this long to just do it. Here are some things I’ve learned as I create my own store!
1. Pick a name. Just do it! If you’re anything like me you want the perfect name or you can’t move forward. It took me forever to pick a name & the one I ended up sticking with was one I picked years ago. Don’t over think it. Just pick something clever & roll with it.
2. Stay organized. Write down your passwords for each account or use the formula method which you can read about here so you don’t forget them. Write out “to do” lists daily & complete it. Keep all of your supplies you’re working with in one place & when you’re finished working for the day clean up & prep your work space for the next day.
3. Ask for help. I have two little babes making it difficult to do much of anything during the day. I’ve asked my husband to hang out with the girls alone for a few hours when he gets home from work so I can plug away & get some work done.
4. Read. A lot. I researched, read & studied an insane amount. I wanted to start my Etsy shop & do it right. I think I’ve read every single tip & blog about starting an Etsy shop & it helped immensely.
5. Have fun! Seriously, have fun! It’s a lot of work & the hours are long. Learning a brand new industry you’re not too familiar with is a little overwhelming & confusing… but enjoy it! Take it all in & know that as you learn it’ll get easier!
I still have so much to learn! Any of you small business owners? Any tips you can pass on to me?