My sister is getting married in four short months. She asked me to help her come up with a clever way to ask her bridesmaids to be in the wedding.
I found this elastic on Etsy (check out their shop here!) & thought it would be the perfect way to ask the girls to be apart of her big day. I ordered the elastic in her wedding colors, which will be gold & plum.
Step one: Cut elastic nine inches long.
Step two: Tie it on the ends.
Step three: Cut ends of the elastic at an angel.
Step four: Use a lighter to singe the edges of the elastic.
That’s it. It’s that easy to make your own elastic hair ties… & you can be insanely creative with them as well!
I used stamps to write “WILL YOU BE MY” & decorated it with a few random stamps I had. Not only can the girls use them for their hair but they can wear them as bracelets as well.
What are some other creative things you did for your bridesmaids? How did you ask them to be in your wedding?
I’ve been talking about opening my own Etsy store for years now. I’m not sure why it’s taken me this long to just do it. Here are some things I’ve learned as I create my own store!
1. Pick a name. Just do it! If you’re anything like me you want the perfect name or you can’t move forward. It took me forever to pick a name & the one I ended up sticking with was one I picked years ago. Don’t over think it. Just pick something clever & roll with it.
2. Stay organized. Write down your passwords for each account or use the formula method which you can read about here so you don’t forget them. Write out “to do” lists daily & complete it. Keep all of your supplies you’re working with in one place & when you’re finished working for the day clean up & prep your work space for the next day.
3. Ask for help. I have two little babes making it difficult to do much of anything during the day. I’ve asked my husband to hang out with the girls alone for a few hours when he gets home from work so I can plug away & get some work done.
4. Read. A lot. I researched, read & studied an insane amount. I wanted to start my Etsy shop & do it right. I think I’ve read every single tip & blog about starting an Etsy shop & it helped immensely.
5. Have fun! Seriously, have fun! It’s a lot of work & the hours are long. Learning a brand new industry you’re not too familiar with is a little overwhelming & confusing… but enjoy it! Take it all in & know that as you learn it’ll get easier!
I still have so much to learn! Any of you small business owners? Any tips you can pass on to me?