“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Everyone knows of The Great Gatsby. Most of us were forced to read it in high school… although I never did. I’ve never been one for forced reading. Ten years later & I’ve finally read one of the best books ever written. How did everyone let me miss out on such a phenomenal book for this long?
Gatsby is the most intriguing characters that I have read. He is charming, smooth & in my head looks just like Leonardo Dicaprio… who can complain about that? I’ve always been one for secretive men (I married one) which made me quickly hooked on Gatsby. As you get to know his character you learn that his charm is far more brilliant than you thought. His charisma seems to be toxic. I wish I could live a life with Gatsby in it.
I use the word magical for books often… because I always feel that books take you to another world. That they bring out some sort of magic in you from a time or place you haven’t yet/won’t experience. The Great Gatsby is just that. A magical tale full of love, carisma & tragedy. Set in the 1920’s you can truly feel the beauty from the era. The drinks flowing, dancing until dusk & fur coats. All of it incorporated in this book. You’re taken on a ride through an era all of us wish we could have lived through… & you get to live it with Gatsby.
If you’re like me & have yet to pick up this book & give it a chance I suggest you do. You’ll be taken on one incredible journey.
Now, here are some questions for you & your book club or if you’ve read the book drop a comment below & let’s chat!
Warning: These book club questions are spoilers. Don’t read ahead of you haven’t read the book!
1. Gatsby seems to hold a magical spell over everyone because of his secretive persona. Do you think he has something to hide?
2. Nick finally has one on one time with Gatsby. Is Gatsby what you imagined?
3. Gatsby finally gets the moment he’s been waiting for… to see Daisy. I could hardly handle the experiment I felt when it was happening. Gatsby the always cool, calm & colletive man looses his cool before seeing Daisy. Is this a sign of true love?
4. The book spirals out of control… I can hardly keep up with the magical craziness that happens. All I wanted was for Gatsby & Daisy to run off into the sunset together. But suddenly tragedy hits. How do you feel about Daisy killing her husband’s mistress?
5. I couldn’t imagine a world without Gatsby in it. If he wasn’t to die I don’t think the book could have ended. I could have read on & on. Therefor, it was the only way to put an end to the story. Do you agree with me? What would have been your perfect ending?
I hope every person in the world reads this. It is truly an incredible book & will forever be a classic masterpiece. Head over to Amazon & buy your own copy!