“One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.”
Mindy Kaling is hilarious & I seriously wish I could recruit her as one of my best friends. When I first started watching The Office her character drove me crazy. Once I found out she was one of the writers of the show I instantly fell in love with her & couldn’t wait to get my hands on her book. After reading it I’ve decided she is similar to her character on The Office… just much less annoying but still obsessed with love & fashion. She really just seems like another awesome girl that stands for what she believes in & worked hard to be where she is. Plus, she’s hilarious… I am a sucker for hilarious girls.
I’d have to say the end of the book is my favorite part. All of it. The last 100 pages I couldn’t stop laughing. Like eyes watering. Dying. Laughing. Her description of men & how long it takes them to tie their shoes. You just have to read it. If you don’t want to read the whole book just read that chapter “Why Do Men Put on Their Shoes So Slowly?”. Prepare to laugh your ass off & after that I’m sure you’ll be convinced that you want to read the whole book.
Her look on love warms my heart. I’ve found love like she describes & I love that she believes so strongly in the love I have. In the book she says “I want to hear that you guys watch every episode of The Bachelorette together in secret shame, or that one got the other hooked on Breaking Bad and if either watches it without the other, they’re dead meat.” That my friends. Is literally the exact description of my husband & I. So Mindy, I invite you to be my best friend & I can show you that this love… It still exists & I can claim you as my bestie. So we will both win here.
Alright readers… Here are a few questions about the book that I have for you or for you to use in your book club!
1. Her description of her childhood is wonderful in so many ways. What was your favorite part of her childhood?
2. Her best friends remind me so much of my own. Maybe her & I are a lot a like… Once you’re our friend we cling on & expect certain things out of you. Do you have best friends like hers? What part of her descriptions of friendship do you agree with or disagree with?
3. She becomes a nanny for a rich family in NYC & all I could imagine is Kelly Kapoor watching these kids… Which kind of frightened me. But really, I’d be thrilled if Mindy Kaling nannied my kids & taught them how to be hilarious. Would you let her (Mindy Kaling not Kelly Kapoor) nanny your kids?
4. As I mentioned above I adore her look on relationships & love. Do you agree with where she stands on love & romance?
5. There are too many parts that made me laugh until my eyes were watering & I don’t want to give too much of the book away but I gotta know… What part of the book made you roll on the floor laughing?
That’s all for now my friends!
May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy,
more lovely, than this our own country! -Daniel Webster
Fourth of July: Fireworks, freedom, summer heat, food, family, & good friends. Best. Holiday. Ever. Democrat, Republican, Interdependent it doesn’t matter we come together as a whole, as a nation to celebrate the beautiful country that we are all blessed to call home.
I’ve always felt lucky to live in America but since I’ve had Adalie & Stella I feel even more lucky. I feel lucky that my girls live in a country that gives them the freedom to be who they choose to be. To be strong females that can do whatever they put their mind to. Whether that’s becoming the CEO of a company or being a stay at home mom. They can do it. Any of it… because we live in the Land of the Free.
To celebrate our freedom & our love for our country I took my best friends son, Koiya & the girls out to do a Fourth of July themed shoot. As most of you are aware I am just finding my way in the photography world. I will be honest. Kids are insanely hard to photograph. They move so much & so fast getting perfect shots is a challenge & will take a lot of practice.
But… I have to say that the photos came out decently well! Some are blurry which I somewhat expected with such crazy kids… but for the most part they captured exactly what I wanted. Kids being kids while representing the beautiful country we live in.
These three kids melt my heart. I can hardly handle how much love they have for one another already. They constantly show me how lucky I am to be a mom & how blessed I am to have a best friend with such an adorable son. He is just as close to my heart as my babies are.
As I mentioned before I am just finding my path in the photography world. Any tips on photographing running, crazy children? Let me know with a comment below!